2017 has been a brilliant year at The Market Mogul. We’ve continued to go from strength to strength, having reinvented the newsroom, enabling insightful thought-leaders all over the world to share their perspectives, amidst a struggling and somewhat bleak media industry.
Traditional media companies have continued to struggle in 2017, reliant on banner ads in a world where millennials use ad-blockers. In a short-sighted move, some are pushing readers away with ad-blocker walls and attempting to monetise through subscriptions as well as advertising. New media companies also felt the pain of 2017 from the fire sale of Mashable, Mic shedding its workforce, and Buzzfeed missing its revenue targets.
We’re focussed on the long term, and we know building something great takes time, and we’re well on our way.
In 2017 we:
- Launched our Mogul Dashboard to give our authors the best possible writing experience
- Developed the new platform infrastructure which will allow us to scale other Mogul channels
- Enabled our readers to become our shareholders. We’re proud of how successful this was and the fantastic community of over 700 shareholders we now have backing our business!
We’re excited for 2018 as we focus on Creating, Curating and Personalising content inside the world of finance, politics and the global economy, but also outside it.
We will continue to ask ourselves everyday:
- How are we building the best place to read content you are passionate about?
- How are we building the best place for informed individuals to share their perspective on things they have insight into?
As you all know, 2018 will be a year in which we launch many exciting verticals. We are hiring for a number of exciting roles, both for the Market Mogul, but also for our Foodie and Fashion verticals. If your New Year’s resolution is to change careers, this could be the solution.