Connect with us

Charts

The Skripal Poisoning: Did Russia Do It?

 1 min read / 

skripal

Unsurprisingly, 75% of UK citizens believe that Russia was behind the poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal. Interestingly, however, the French are more suspicious of other motives and just 52% believe that Russia ordered a hit on the father and daughter. However, of the remaining 48%, just 9% believe that Russia probably did not do it, with the rest saying they do not know. In the other countries on this list, the “do not know” figure is between 19% and 29%; meanwhile, Germany has the highest proportion of people who do not think Russia did it – at some 12% of the population. People’s opinions have no doubt been shaped by UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson’s clumsy remarks around whether or not military scientists had determined whether the nerve agent used in the poisoning was made in Russia or elsewhere.

Have your say. Sign up now to become an Author!

1 Comment

1 Comment

    WP_Comment Object ( [comment_ID] => 129201 [comment_post_ID] => 142504 [comment_author] => Liang [comment_author_email] => [email protected] [comment_author_url] => [comment_author_IP] => 172.68.255.174 [comment_date] => 2018-04-13 08:36:08 [comment_date_gmt] => 2018-04-13 07:36:08 [comment_content] => Since when is believing enough to start hostile actions like ejection of diplomats and potentially going to war?! Oh, right. Countries already did go to war on the belief that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, or that USS Maine was sunk by the Spaniards. This is why I am losing faith in democracy as I see the populace is so susceptible to manipulation. [comment_karma] => 0 [comment_approved] => 1 [comment_agent] => Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0.1; MI 5s Plus Build/MXB48T) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.98 Mobile Safari/537.36 [comment_type] => [comment_parent] => 0 [user_id] => 0 [children:protected] => [populated_children:protected] => [post_fields:protected] => Array ( [0] => post_author [1] => post_date [2] => post_date_gmt [3] => post_content [4] => post_title [5] => post_excerpt [6] => post_status [7] => comment_status [8] => ping_status [9] => post_name [10] => to_ping [11] => pinged [12] => post_modified [13] => post_modified_gmt [14] => post_content_filtered [15] => post_parent [16] => guid [17] => menu_order [18] => post_type [19] => post_mime_type [20] => comment_count ) )
  1. Liang

    April 13, 2018 at 8:36 AM

    Since when is believing enough to start hostile actions like ejection of diplomats and potentially going to war?!

    Oh, right. Countries already did go to war on the belief that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, or that USS Maine was sunk by the Spaniards.

    This is why I am losing faith in democracy as I see the populace is so susceptible to manipulation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Send this to a friend